Support and Guidance
Providing tools and resources to support health professionals provide evidence-based care is seen as essential to improve outcomes for people affected by lung cancer. Cancer Australia plays an important role in supporting and guiding health professionals to improve outcomes for people affected by lung cancer.
There are a number of projects funded by Cancer Australia to provide health professionals with evidence-based information and resources to assist with the delivery of evidence-based clinical and supportive care for people affected by lung cancer.
Current projects include:
- Audio-visual resources on lung cancer
- Clinical guidelines and guidance material for GPs
- Resources to help health professionals better support consumers
- Other educational support
- Improving clinical data and reporting
- National Cancer Control Indicators - an interactive website of national data across the continuum of cancer control.